Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Fever

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Over a year, in fact. Rest assured, that won't happen again.

I got my X out of storage yesterday and brought her home. I have to do a valve adjustment and oil change before she's ready for the road, but I'll knock those out this week so she's ready when it's time to get her out.

After looking her over when I got her home, I've determined I'll need a new rear tire before inspection. This one might pass, but 16,000 miles on a cheap-ass car tire is probably enough. I've ordered a cast rim off of an R model so I won't have to use a tube to mount my new car tire, a Michelin Hydroedge 205/70R15. Total was about $540. Not bad considering I put the current tire on in August of 2007, have 16,000 miles on it, and will probably get considerably more than that out of the HE.

I'll put up pics once I get it here and mounted.

Later,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment